4.28.2009



2 Chronicles 7:14 ESV, "if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

This verse holds the best components for us to understand the Biblical meaning for "revival". Although the word "revival" is not explicitly stated this verse does demonstrate what is necessary for God to intervene in human affairs and renew and heal them.

This verse has meaning that is transcovental. It extends to the Hebrew people from anyone who can be called "my people" and "are called by my name". Stephen Olford stated that "revival" is "the sovereign act of God, in which He restores His own backsliding people to repentance, faith and obedience."

Revival is not a series of services, nor is it a yell or a howl. Revival is not foot-stomping and demonstrative worship. Revival is when an INDIVIDUAL refocuses on God as the center of his or her life!

No comments:

Adversus Trinitas

"...unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins." (John 8:24 ESV)