|Flag of Saudia Arabia|
The prophet Zechariah describes four chariots coming out of mountains of "brass" (6:1), each chariot having different color horses (red, black, white, and "grisled and bay horses" 6:2-3). The angel present declares they are "the four spirits of the heavens, which go forth from standing before the Lord...." (6:4-5). Much later the four-horsemen of this portion of John's Revelation has stood for various things throughout eschatological history. In the futuristic tradition, the black horse is interpreted, by some, to be capitalism; the white horse has been interpreted to mean Catholicism; the red horse communism and the pale horse death, and so on.
- Revelation 6:8 KJV - And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
- Revelation 6:8 NET - So I looked and here came a pale green horse! The name of the one who rode it was Death, and Hades followed right behind. They were given authority over a fourth of the earth, to kill its population with the sword, famine, and disease, and by the wild animals of the earth.
- Revelation 6:8 Phillips - Again I looked, and there appeared a horse sickly green in colour. The name of its rider was death, and the grave followed close behind him. A quarter of the earth was put into their power, to kill with the sword, by famine, by violence, and through the wild beasts of the earth.
|Flag of Pakistan|
For them will be Gardens of Eternity; beneath them rivers will flow; they will be adorned therein with bracelets of gold, and they will wear green garments of fine silk and heavy brocade: They will recline therein on raised thrones. How good the recompense! How beautiful a couch to recline on! (Yusuf Ali, 18:31)
The Muslim community comprises about 1.5 billion followers on all five continents. That is about 1/4th of 6 billion people. Islam is also one of the fastest-growing religions in the world. If Islamic warriors were to converge and pass over the Euphrates river, their numbers could easily total the "two hundred million" prophesied of in Revelations 9:16. If there is any group with enough hatred and appetite to attack and destroy Israel, or any infidel people for that matter, it would be the Islamic people.
1) Friberg, T., Friberg, B., & Miller, N. F. (2000). Vol. 4: [i]Analytical lexicon of the Greek New Testament[/i]. Baker's Greek New Testament library (Page 409). Grand Rapids, Mich.: Baker Books.
2) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green; http://desktoppub.about.com/cs/colorselection/p/green.htm